Saturday 27 October 2018

Cubano Brief


This brief is a collaboration with Asia who is a third-year photography student and my peer Katherine Edwards who is also a third year graphic design student. Asia came to us both and gave us the deadline of the 14th of December 2018 to produce a book / booklet for her final photographs for her COP module. 

Her brief to us was clear, she wanted us to come up with some ideas on how to best design and layout her photographs. Her initial project was on Cuba and the difference between the two sides that Cuba had, I understood this well as I went to Cuba for a month in Summer and saw exactly what she had been photographing. This was a project I knew I would enjoy as I loved Cuba and I wanted to represent her project well and show the audience the two variations of Cuba.

The key element of this brief was to tell a story through her photographs, which would be portrayed through the experimentation of size and layout and the book format. These were all aspects that Katherine and I would need to explore and try out many different options in order to report back to each other and then ask Asia to have a meeting in order to see if we were on the correct path and to see if she wanted us as the designers to change anything for her needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment