Sunday 22 April 2018

PRD - EVALUATION

The final outcome for this brief was fun to create as the process of cutting the potatoes and printing them was intricate however rewarding. On the other hand I believe I enjoyed it because this is a brief that I actually care about and have been so interested in the topic that I have created and thought of myself thus showing I came up with an outcome which I believe to be worthwhile.

Something I struggled with was creating the end product up to a professional standard. Due to the fact that I wanted my product to be authentic and handmade I think it has had an effect on the outcome as it could be seen as a bit too simplistic. 

I would have preferred to use more intricate designs for the printing however because I did it by hand rather than screen print I could not produce the detail that I wanted and thought would be best. However I realised this too late in the brief to change anything about it so stuck to my bold designs which I knew would print well.

The most enjoyable aspect of this brief was the research phase as I got to learn so much and also as I came back to it over and over again I felt as if I knew enough to say that I am an expert in this field. I think this is a great achievement for me and have enjoyed the brief. 

I think this brief  has taught me that it important for designers to design for themselves but also to get across a meaningful message. At the start of this brief I set myself an aim to deign something that is useful for the general public and sending a message across that if we as a race don’t start being sustainable we are going to ruin our planet. I believe that I have successfully achieved this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment