Friday 23 November 2018

Meeting // Catch Up - Notes

I then decided to catch up with Freya to see if she has got any information for me to take this brief further, things I gathered from this meeting from Freya was :

She informed me of other campaigns that have been done that I could look into :


·      Mention collaborations
o   Lazy Oaf Maggie Mattic 2018 (colour through the pink 3 buckle platform boot)
o   Supreme 2017 (talk about the embroidered label on the shoe and link to ideas of my project with the Kenzo Lion logo)
o   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – coloured laces (ideas for the shoot)
·      Put pictures in of these collaborations and talk about the different styles and how the pictures were shot.


·      Previous Kenzo campaigns – colour is the main theme and boldness of shoots. Print and pattern at forefront of the campaigns.
o   Using this in my shoot will bring out the youthfulness of what I want to achieve within my brand.


Freya sent me a document with her aims as I asked her to : 


I want to develop a 12-piece photography campaign that will advertise my Dr Marten X KENZO collaboration. One specific focus within this campaign will be bringing the more modern ‘look’ of the Dr Marten boot forward, and I will achieve this through Kenzo’s styling and colour inspiration.

As this is a shoe campaign, I will use a mixture of close up and full body shots, to gather more depth and focus on just the shoe. Some of my photographs will be just of the boots themselves, showing the clear collaborative element through my use of photo manipulation.

Looking at previous Dr Marten campaigns from the 20th century, and the style that was carried with the boot, I want to change this look and bring a more playful side to the boots. This is a clear aim of mine, and I want to achieve this through my use of photography. I will use colours and prints to reflect the Kenzo collaboration, as Kenzo is famous for its use of print and colour within its campaigns.
I will use modern photography techniques that’ll enhance the style of my campaign, from a grunge 70’s look so a more youthful 21st century look. These techniques will include using a wide-angle lens, coloured photos, and a more editorial style to the photos. Kenzo’s campaigns are known for their play on colour and print, and their wild edits, therefore I want to carry this through into portraying the boot in that colourful way to reflect the change in style and reason for wear in the modern day.

To achieve the best photographs, I have looked at different fashion photographers like Jean Paul Goude, who photographs for Kenzo; Nino Yap who uses single solid colours in her shots to crate bold abstract fashion photographs and Willem Jonkers who uses a fish eyed wide-angle lens to shoot her street photography. These are just 3 photographers who have inspired this project, through their techniques and style, and I will be taking key aspects from their style that I think will relate well within my brand and using them to create 12 shots that capture my collaboration at its best. 








I also asked her what sort of vibe she wanted her Look Book to be and if she had any preference, reassuring her that I would go back to her if she wanted to change anything then we could work through it together. Freya came back to me and stated that she wanted the LookBook to be something that could be featured within a magazine like 'Dazed' as young adults buy this type of magazine and that is the type of crown that this campaign / LookBook will be talking to / attracting. 

One aspect Freya has asked me to focus on in this campaign is bringing the more modern look of the Dr Marten boot forward. However the photographs will be focusing on that so I think the best aspect for me to focus on would be attracting the correct audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment