Thursday 31 January 2019

East Asia Brief

'East Asia' is a personal research led brief of mine, I have always admired the traditions of the east asian culture, not only this but a lot of Japanese art and designs are beautiful and so visually pleasing to me. The culture of Asia encompasses such a wide variety of diverse customs and traditions which include aspects like art, music, architecture, music, religion and so on.

East Asia include the countries of China, japan, North Korea, South Korea and Mongolia. For thousands of years it was China that largely influenced East Asia and it was the leading civilisation in that region. 

For this brief I will be looking lightly touching the surface of different aspects to do with East Asia whilst ending up with a 1 to 3 piece / set of designs in a format such as poster design. I want to leave this brief very open and something that could lead me anywhere. 

One aspect I think is important to look at when carrying out personal brief is who the audience is. I will be aiming this outcome at young adults, looking at 18-30 year olds who may have a passion for prints, much like myself. 

As it is a personal brief I can make this brief as sustainable as possible, meaning I will be looking into the different type of sustainable inks and paper that can be used for my brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment