Monday 12 March 2018

CALENDAR DEVELOPMENT



I tried out 3 formats to see which I thought could work best for this brief. As G F SMITHS brand promotion is very minamalistic I wanted to go along the same sort of vibe concentrating on the colour to be the main this as I believe their paper and colour speaks for itself. My idea is to have each month on a seperate colour based on my findings from my survey. The reason behind wanting each seperate is so that you can transform it form being either a flip calendar or pin up. I like the variety of this sort of calendar because it is something different and something I would look for in a calendar. 


I then decided to have a small critique on the above :



I then decided to make some mock ups of the two formats I have decided to take forward :



Then I wanted to look at the format of the circled calendar as a pin up style which I love :


I then decided the best way to picture them and see the best to take forward would be to mock them up to get the right feel for them -


I decided to go with the circle calendar layout because I spoke to some peers and they said the concept was stronger as it represents the colour collection and the G F SMITH brand. 

I looked into embossing / debossing :


However with the actual writing on top I dont think it would work especially as it is a calendar and the brief states that it has to be usable which in this state would not work I think but it would look cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment