Wednesday 26 October 2016

OUGD403 Studio brief 01 - Final Crit



Final Crit


Before my final crit I went with 4 questions I asked myself - 


Who is the company?
- A french luxury brand of fashion and linen cloth

What do they do?
- clothing store, selling high end fashion items

Who is the target audience?
- mainly going to the middle / upper class
- wealthy people looking to splash out some money 

Where will the logo appear?
- shop fronts, signs, labels on clothes and bags

When researching luxury, high brand fashion logos and signs I saw they were all BOLD and 
s p a c e d out to show the importance and wealth of the brand. 




The feedback I got from the crit --

- The logo with the box around it makes it too enclosed and refined adds a sense of structure which is not what you want from a brand like this
- My favourite design above was told to be delicate but confident 
- There has been thought been put into this, it is very minimal and art deco
- too clean

Analysis --

- I think I could have spent too much time researching the different companies on my Pinterest page which could have taken away from the designing aspect of it
- However I really like the end design that I have produced 
- To go further I think I would need to add more personality to keep it away from being so clean - to do this I could of added serifs 
- In future I think I should try and manage my time better to do more designs
- Overall, the feedback will help me with future briefs to think deeper about the target audience and their tendencies or personality traits when buying products.

No comments:

Post a Comment