Friday 3 February 2017

STUDIO BRIEF 1 - FINAL CRIT

 I got a lot of productive and positive feedback from my final crit, however I got so much that I think I will need to take extra time to make these improvements because it will just bring my whole wayfinding project together in a much better final outcome.

In relation to my map I asked in my crit whether my group thought that I would need anything to accompany it because I was I know the map was ok but I wasn’t sure if it would be enough to be as clear as I wanted my system to be. My group was helpful by saying that they didn’t think it was enough because even though my systems has two different parts to it, how were you meant to know what show was where and at what time sort of thing. To move on from this I need to create a programme sort of leaflet or something to go alongside the map and advance my wayfinding system.

They also commented on the design of my map asking why I chose the colour pink, this made me think and I didn’t have an actual design decision for this choice so I thought it would be best if I removed the pink and kept my map simple yet effective.
There was also a suggestion to put the ‘LLN’ as separate letterforms into triangles. I will try out this suggestion however I am not sure on whether it would look good as it could overcomplicate the map and look of the page.

I also originally found it hard to take the correct photographs with the correct lighting for the result I wanted, it was suggested to me that I use the material on a reflective jacket as well as the reflective tape that I purchased online to get the look I wanted.


I went into the crit wanting to know what I should do about my original mock up designs because they took me a long time to produce on illustrator however they did not portray my sign system well enough because I could get the colours to be reflective and the angles were not working on the image well. To get over this issue it was suggested to me that I should do line drawings on top of the images I took around Leeds and then work out the angles that would look correct and then layer the correct triangles on top. If this does not give me the loom I want then I am going to have to go back to the places I took the images in and take more photographs with the reflective material being placed out onto the pavement in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment