Monday 29 January 2018

MGM - JAPAN INITIAL IDEAS

After listening to the music on repeat for a while I was feeling very relaxed and peaceful and I thought that my object I create must recreate and represent this feeling in the best way possible. Something that I must keep in mind while designing this is how the music is related to the end product. Initially I was thinking of an object that could go hand in hand with the traditional tea ceremony to keep the strong sense of tradition as the music has and also the tea ceremony is a quiet celebration performed with grace and beauty, the matcha tea ritual is a bonding experience of mindfulness, respect and a focus on the now. I thought this could be reflected in the object I make. 

Initial ideas include - 

- tea packaging
- own brand of matcha tea
- incense


development of ideas -

As traditional japanese music and the matcha tea ceremony are traditional aspects of their cultures so maybe think of a way to make it more modern. When designing I must think of all the different components that are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment