Monday 22 January 2018

PENGUIN FINAL OUTCOME

Typeface : Shark Handwritten ABC







'He's down there in the rose garden, just below my window. I can sense it. I can sense him' 

The design I chose stood out to me and my peers as the best with the best colour scheme to catch the eyes of the auidence of both the young adults (13-18) and those of their parents. The bold yellow is to be fun at catch the eyes of the younger audience and the proffesional look and feel of the design is to draw the parents in to buy it for the young adults. I think rereading the book was key in my design because it showed me another aspect of the book that I forgot about which is 'love'. 

Previous winners of the children's competition have gone down an illustrative style. This is not in my comfort zone and not something I can normally achieve but for this brief I really pushed myself to try something new. As it is focused more to young adults it needed to be a very sophisticated design through illustration. Above is the final design that I sumbit to Penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment