Monday 15 January 2018

MICRO GENRES OF MUSIC - JAPAN

Brief:
Thoroughly research a micro-genre of music from everynoise.com. research must b extensive as you need to become an 'expert' in your newly-found field. This micro-genre will become the focus for the design and production of a new piece of work that will be exhibited. it must be celebratory of your genre.



I started by dotting around the website and listening to music from different genres. I then thought the best thing to do would be to use the scan button which flicks through playing around 10-15 seconds of the music genre. And from using this setting I discovered a few genres that I kind of liked and also ones that I thought it would be interesting to look into as I don't know anything about them at the moment. I discovered multiple genres which I thought would be interesting to explore further both based on my personal interests and those I selected at random:

The different genres that I originally stumbled upon were :
- latin jazz
- bossa nova jazz
- geek folk
- classic chinese pop
- tropical
- japense traditional
- mambo
- japanese jazztronica


           

I looked at all my possible genres to start within a very general way by listening to them all on Spotify and decided that I should go for Japanese traditional as it was something I had never heard before and it was quite a relaxing playlist I found which was pleasant to listen to. 






I started off by listening to as much traditional Japanese music as possible to immerse myself in it. The first thing I thought of when I listened to the music was that it sounds like something that would be playing in a spa when you are having a massage or a facial. I think it is very relaxing and sooting music which could easily take you to a place where you have left all your troubles behind. I then looked back at the initial slideshow we were shown to see what sort of outcomes they were looking for. I found out that it did not ave to b normal outcomes for Graphic Design. From this I thought the best thing for me to was to think out of the box and come up with a creative and fun object. 

Notes from the brief




EXAMPLES 





No comments:

Post a Comment