Friday 12 April 2019

Design Development Foreground Cherry Blossom

The first feature in the foreground that I looked at was the cherry blossom tree. I wanted to create my own version of this as the cherry blossom was starting to fall. The reason being not only that it relates to princess konohanasakuya but cherry blossoms are a symbolic flower of the spring, a time of renewal, and the fleeting nature of life. 

Their lives are very short, they blossom for around 2 weeks and then the blossoms start to fall. During the season of the blossoms falling in Japan, people like to have cherry blossom parties with colleagues, friends, and family. 

I love the idea of this because they are celebrating the life of the blossom by having a party. The celebratory aspect directly links to my brief and is exactly what I am looking for so I decided even though the cherry blossom is very overused it is perfect for my celebratory print. 



I started creating a few flowers and petals for the blossom tree and repeated them multiple times. I started with a basic tree stem and then added in the flowers.




No comments:

Post a Comment