Monday 29 April 2019

Website mock ups

As I had done the research on the competitors and websites that the client had liked and I have had constant communication, through the different aspects of the design I knew what the client wanted. An example of the design I want to avoid that is one of the client's competitors is. The reason I do not like this design and the client does not like it is because it is very cluttered and the client's eye is thrown all over the place. I think my designs need to be more subtle and sharp :




 I designed three different mock ups for her website (using not my own images - just as I had no content yet from the client) :



The first of my mockup designs is very generic and clean design appealing to all ages as it is easily read and clear. The structure gives the design a sense of authority and clarity.




The next design was loosly based on the VS website with the simple panel design which outlines and gives definition to the images and text on the page. Again showing here that simplicity in the design is key to create a slick and well thought out design. This design also adds more colour which could appeal to the target audience.



The last of my mockup designs is where I thought about the audience being millennials so I would need a more modern and fun look to the website that created a sense of interest that would keep their attention for a longer period of time. Thus making the audience want to go to the next page. 

I think this was achieved well giving minimal information thus enticing the audience. I will take all three of the designs to the client to gather feedback and go forward from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment