Monday 4 February 2019

PEEL Development


Initially, I looked at the different aspects that needed to be included in the poster design. The 'PEEL' logo is awful and I have asked many times for it to be changed however the fine art students at Brookes have been adamant that the logo they created is the one they want on their poster. 


 I found the initial design elements hard as the client gave me no real background thus meaning I stuggled in the research phase as there was nothing for me to go really into depth in for the theoretical side of my research phase. I had to just mainly research the visual side. I started looking at as it is called peel - how an orange or certain fruit would peel but as that's not really related to the exhibition I scraped that idea.


 I decided the best way to go forward would be to keep it minimalistic with one strong key focus of the 'circle' that could be widely used for their exhibition branding. As minimal information was given the best thing to go forward with is a minimal design as I don't think that the client is sure on what they want the outcome to be.


 I decided to go for a clean and structured design, elements that I could play around with were the guides to create different views and designs for the poster. 


 Different fonts were examined at the start of the project, thinking that the hand written like fonts gave a sort of professional sense and as you 'peel' an orange, for example, you get a long piece of the peel. However, in reality, the poster needed to be readable to a wide audience, thus needing a legible font that is clear and easy to read straight away.


 here I wanted to play around with the logo to see if changing the logos form it could make it better. Looking at the previous layouts I thought they could be perceived as too minimalistic.  I used the circle format and replicated to give another dimension. 


Below I started to play around with the layout a lot more including the orange rectangle. With the second to left design, I thought this could act as a sense of mystery as it is a piece that could be shown in the exhibition. I think to take this forward I should gain some advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment