Monday 16 October 2017

DESIGN IDEAS LETCHWORTH

As Letchworth is a garden city I thought my design should represent this, the best way I thought to represent this is through white spaces as the definition of a garden city is 'a new town designed as a whole with much open space and greenery'. If I design my publication with a lot of white space I think it would represent the open space nicely. 


Howgills society of friends is a section of the publication that I will be writing about which is about Quakers. Quakers as people aim for simplicity in daily life which I will try and represent in the book with a simple layout. 

Initially I thought the best thing to do would be to have some pages with text on and some without text on. However I was unsure how it would look right due to the amount of text I got given as the content. Also because my target audience is middle aged I wanted the text to be size 14 which is bigger than I originally expected. I thought the best thing to do would be to bring this up in my crit and see the feedback I got given for this. Below are images of mock ups of how I want to layout my images on each page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment