Sunday 8 October 2017

PHOTOGRAPHS & PRESENTATION & IDEAS

Below are the images that I am planning on using in my presentation alongside my collected things and scanned in images - 



These were the images I presented in my Presentation alongside the collected items where I asked everyone to gather round to show them what I had collected and to see if they had any ideas or feedback hat they could give me.

During my presentation I explained my personal experience of Barcelona. I spoke about how La Sagrada Familia was the most popular attraction of Barcelona and how I was looking forward to visiting it. However when I arrived in Barcelona we got the metro their and we went to the ticket office and they politely told us that there was a 10-14 day wait which was not what we were expecting. 

Due to this after my presentation I was given the idea of possibly creating a guide book of 'What to do when Sagrada Familia queue is too long' - I thought this was a comical and fresh idea or a guidebook which could work if I got all the details of how long the building has been going on for and for the predicted finish date. Then base the rest of the guidebook on. Almost like a 'what to do while your waiting' as in the visitors should read my publication whilst they are waiting. 

I was told to be careful to not make my publication too personal and to look further into other guides - looking for guides that aren't the usual visit here blah blah blah. I was told to try to find guide books that have an extra twist of fun or something different different about them. 

Whilst I was scanning my collected items in I spoke to Dom about my project as I was not sure on a firm direction for it. She got me talking about why I actually collected these random items like recipts and exhibition tickets. I have always like to collect little things to remind me of where I have been and how it can influence me in the future. She said she was the same and most designers are, then she suggested making it more angled towards designers and heading in that direction, which I thought was a good idea. Below I then thought about how it would work :




I then thought about other things I could include in my publication to make it more personal - thought about having a section at the end that could be what YOU can gain from YOUR experience from barcelona = 


You can gain a lot from barcelona

e.g. i gained a new typeface and colour scheme just from this one business card.. (change money)




Add here what you have gained...

No comments:

Post a Comment