Wednesday 6 March 2019

BRIT intimates Brief

BRIT intimates

Client brief - I was approached at the start of the year by Brittany Yeates who is a young entrepreneur. She is a confident and bubbly individual who has previously studied business. She has come up with the idea to create a lingerie and swimwear brand that does a larger range of sizes in more glamorous and fashionable designs.

In order for myself to design anything for the client I asked her to gather her thoughts and come back to me with details about the business including aspects brands that influenced her in wanting to create this company, summary of what she wants the company to be like etc. She came back to me with this :



About the business


A lingerie and swimwear brand that does a larger range of sizes in more glamorous and fashionable designs.

Influenced by ASOS, topshop, agent provacteur, Victoria’s secret

Filling the gap in the market, looking at brands like bravissimo, simply be, figleaves, freya

A lot of the brands for bigger boobs are very modest. It is hard to find supportive and sexy bras.

About the Owner



Business name:                                         BRITintimates

Owner(s) name:                                          Brittany Lucia May Yeates


I am a confident, energetic, self-motivated and a willing individual who is passionate about business, and furthermore exited by the industries challenging fast paced environments. I am friendly and trustworthy and I enjoy meeting new people and have brilliant communication skills. I have strong administrative and organisational skills in addition to being greatly motivated by the concept of problem solving. I work effectively both as a team member and independently, although I pride myself on being a strong leader with an entrepreneurial spirit.  

Business Summary

The drive behind BRITintimates, is simply to create a more inclusive lingerie and swimwear brand. Starting small and simplistic, and hopefully growing to rival the biggest brands in the market, and household names. Other brands in the market as stated earlier, that cater for larger sizes, whilst providing good support, often hugely lack the sexiness that women so often desire. Furthermore, I want to create a brand that is affordable too, but does not compromise on quality. This business is a huge passion of mine.

Branding

For the branding, my aim is the keep everything very clean cut. Sharp lines but also integrating softer elements too. I want to create a brand around BRIT. Clean cut boarders, mainly black & white. Perhaps including a pop of colour, perhaps metallic - silver or gold, or a pastel pink or purple. I want it to be plush and look very luxurious. I would like to have stickers designed, and business cards. Instagram logos, and clothing tags. Tissue paper for packaging, and metal tags as a motif on the bra’s/lingerie. I want it to be immediately recognisable, and very distinctive. It’s important for to create a very personal experience for customers, and create “intimate” experience. And I would like this to translate through my branding.


One part of important information that I then had to ask Brittany was the target audience, as this affects the branding design and everything that goes alongside it.

target audience : Millenials. I then looked up the age of millenials which gave me 22-37.


No comments:

Post a Comment