Wednesday 20 March 2019

Tissue Paper Packaging Ideas

Initially the client wanted tissue paper that has the logo I designed for her on it. I went down to the digital print room and discovered that the printers can not print on tissue paper because it is too thin. The gsm is too low. The thinnest paper that they print on is acetate and tracing paper. Tracing paper is 120gsm and the acetate is 100gsm. 

I then had a mini-brainstorm on how I could get over this hurdle for the client. As I showed her my research regarding the different lingerie brands she noticed that none of them had branded tissue paper (which I now understand why). 




After having a quick brainstorm I thought I would pitch the idea to the client to see if this was something worth looking into further. The two ideas I will be pitching to her is the idea of a stamp and stickers.

I think stickers will be the best bet as I think a stamp would not portray the logo in the best light - this is due to the intertwining of the 'BRIT' and the 'intimates'. As the are intertwined they need to be in different colours to see the difference between the two and a stamp most likely would not show this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment